We are pleased to announce and welcome a new face to the First Care family! Nicole Watson is nurse practitioner that began at our Winchester Drive location July 9, 2018. Please join us in welcoming her!
Nicole Watson is a Famliy Nurse Practitioner who graduated with her Masters Degree in Nursing from Old Dominion University. She also holds a Bachelors of Science in Nursing from ODU. Nicole started her nursing career as a registered nurse at Sentara Leigh Hospital on the Medical Surgical unit and she also worked at the Norfolk Health department and Sentara Home Health. Nicole is AANP board certified, belongs to the Virginia Council of Nurse Practitioners, and also belongs to the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. Prior to joining First Care, Nicole worked as a Nurse Practitioner with Bayview Physicians at the Now Care urgent care centers and she also worked as a Family Nurse Practitioner at CVS Minute Clinic. Nicole is married with two daughters and her hobbies include traveling, exercising, and spending quality time with her family.
Due to Army obligations, Kaycie L. Cartwright, PA is unfortunately no longer a provider with First Care PC effective 7/1/2018.
During her time with the practice, Kaycie made a positive, longlasting impact on the practice and our patients. She will be truly missed by all.
We wish Kaycie the best of luck in all her future endeavors.
Urgent Care Vs. Emergency Care
First Care, PC
During normal business hours- please call us at our office to be seen, or to receive guidance.
For care after hours, please call the office, as we have a 24-hour answering service that will reach out directly to our on-call providers.
STEP 1: URGENT CARE CONSIDERATIONS:
- Headache/ Migraine, Cramping
- Backache, Burns (first degree)
- Cough, Sinus pain, Throat pain, Fever
- Ear ache/ Ear Infections
- Diarrhea/ Constipation/ Nausea/ Vomiting
- Tiredness, Inability to Sleep
- Lower back pain, joint pain
- Menstrual Disorders
- Rash/ Itching
- Skin Infections
- Sprains, bruises, minor injures such as minor bleeding or cuts
- Urinay Tract Infection
- Dental pain
- Pregnancy Test
STEP 2: IF URGENT CARE IS CLOSED:
- If you are uncertain how to proeed, please call the office or on-call service for further guidance.
STEP 3: CALL 9-1-1 AND GET IMMEDIATE HELP IF:
- Sudden onset of chest pain
- Sudden onset of weakness, or numbness of the legs, arms, or face, with slurred speech
- If you pass out
- Broken bones
- Sudden, severe headache, with vision changes
- Shortness of breath, or severe bleeding
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.